Assistance with proposal budgets and justifications
The Grants Hub assists faculty with preparation of proposal budgets for external research funding opportunities by providing the following services and expertise:
- Creation of a budget and justification that are compliant with ISU and sponsor’s guidelines.
- Converting your budget and justification into a sponsored required format.
- Compliance checks between the budget documents and sponsor guidelines, federal and state law, and university policies.
- Assistance with GoldSheet/Cardinal Sheet Routing
- Entering budget information into relevant electronic proposal systems (Fastlane, Cayuse, Other systems as appropriate).
- Coordination of subcontractor documentation
- Serving as a point of contact with sponsoring agencies
- Serving as a point of contact for the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration (OSPA)
- Working with the PI, OSPA, and sponsor to respond to Just-In-Time requests (i.e. revised budget, revised scope of work, compliance issues) prior to award.
We offer resources to help with the development of budgets and budget justifications.